We have been diligently working on our OLQA Reopening Plan to provide safe options for our students to continue their Catholic education. Our plan was developed adhering to the guidelines of the Diocese of Orange, as well as from national, state, and local agencies. This COVID-19 pandemic is fluid and unpredictable; therefore, our plan remains subject to change as new information becomes available. A great deal of time and resources have been committed to planning for the future as we prepare for the 2020-2021 school year.
Our Reopening Committee members have contributed their time and expertise discussing protocols, policies, and scenarios for the reopening of OLQA School and we thank them for their participation. Please know student safety is always at the forefront of our decisions. We remain committed to a proactive approach to provide for the spiritual, physical, intellectual, and well-being of our students and their families.
We remain grateful for the continued support and commitment of our OLQA families to the mission as we prepare for the upcoming school year. We greatly value your feedback and we are here to provide the very best for our Angels.
Our OLQA Reopening Plan is designed for students to return to campus with safety and health considerations front and center. The 2020-2021 school year is comprised of four unique schedules to support health, safety, and learning.
- Virtual – Online learning for all students
- Hybrid/Blended– Simultaneous on-campus and online learning instruction
- In-person– All students on campus with in-person instruction
- Fully Online All Year (or by trimester) online learning option available
Our plan focuses on health and safety, academic validity, operational vitality, Catholic identity, and communication. We will continue to provide a rigorous and relevant high-quality academic experience rooted in our Catholic faith. Now, more than ever before, we need your support and partnership to keep our community safe so that we can continue to live our OLQA mission.
Father Steve Sallot, Pastor and Mrs. Julie Tipton, Principal
- The TK-Grade 6 A classes will start on Tuesday 9/8 and B classes will start on Wednesday 9/9 for minimum days (no late start).
- Thursday and Friday will be ALL STUDENTS TK-Grade 6 for minimum days. Minimum days begin at 8:10 a.m. (Gates open at 7:45) and end at 12:10 p.m. (Gates open at Noon).
- We will be back to regular hours starting on Monday, September 14.
- 7A & 8A classes will pick up materials and technology in a drive-through in front of the parish office on Tuesday, September 8 from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- 7B & 8B classes will pick up materials and technology in a drive-through in front of the parish office on Wednesday, September 9 from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- The students will receive their schedule through September 21 with their materials.
- Students in grades 7 & 8 that have selected ONLINE LEARNING will pick up their materials with their homeroom and follow the same schedule until September 21.
- Should we be permitted to bring grades 7-8 back to campus on September 22, the 7th and 8th grade online students will begin their online schedule then.
- We will continue to send updates.